Saturday, June 5, 2010

Quasimodo the final ( non Disney ) product on DVD



In 1989 I started developing a project based on the Hunchback of NotreDame by Victor Hugo. I didn't pitch it to Disney as I stepped out of my contract in June 1990. It was picked up by a sister company of Cryo Paris ( la Compagnie des Images ). Universal got interested. Then I heard from the grapevine that someone had pitched it at Disney. Eventually Universal interest dropped after Disney announced to the world that they were making the movie. My project got reformatted into a 26 x 26 TV series. but I lost the artistic direction and the thing went down hill from that point on.

Incidentally, they used one of my pre-production designs for the front jaquette on the right side.

1 comment:

milowerx said...

Hi!
I run a site which interviews animators across the world an I'd like to interview you. it's just emailed questions you send back with art and/or clips. Check out the site at http://www.animationinsider.com and let me know if you're interested!